The creation of the Swagger Wagon Supreme began with a 2011 Toyota Sienna SE V6 with interior attributes from a Sienna XLE. This special van was stretched and modified to create a functional family vehicle that firmly dismisses the notion that to drive a minivan is to sacrifice personal style in favor of family functionality. The Sienna Swagger Wagon Supreme dutifully demonstrates the meaning of the 2011 Sienna slogan, "always for kids, now for parents too."
B.A.D. Company started the project by stretching the Sienna by nearly four feet (44 inches) and expanding the wheelbase to lengthen the interior cabin space and add more "swagger" on the outside. A custom acrylic roof replacement approximately eight feet long was installed to help bring in natural light and create a warm and stylish environment. An airbag suspension system was installed allowing ground clearance to range from 2.5 to 6.5 inches, maximizing curb appeal and providing appropriate ground clearance for day-to-day driving. The sporty SE theme was amplified with the installation of 20-inch chrome wheels designed by KMC around Nitto 255/40R20 tires in the rear and 245/45R20 tires in the front. Final exterior applications include a custom fabricated rear spoiler, shaved door handles on the automatic sliding doors, custom chrome exhaust tips, and a multiple-step exterior paint process employed by using a custom Blue Swagger Opal color applied over a pearlescent base.
The interior of the Sienna Swagger Wagon Supreme was designed to provide functional versatility with two distinct environments: the quintessential experience for parents out for a fun evening or event without the kids; and all the utility of a traditional van with functional and aesthetic features for the entire family.
Among the modifications are functioning power windows on the stretched section of the vehicle allowing easy access to accessories in the passenger area. The custom seats feature reversible cushions for multiple tastes. On one side the cushions feature single-color leather for an upscale, adult look. Flip the cushion and you will find bright upholstered colors that appeal to the kids. The passenger area includes two swiveling captain's chairs. One captain's chair is also a "Spa Seat" equipped with a multi-function, programmable massage unit. A hideaway table can be folded out in between the captain's chairs sitting area.
Complementing the seating area is custom cabinetry for added storage finished in cherry veneer with an integrated glass-front refrigerator and DuPont Corian countertop that can have multiple uses such as food and drink prep, a kid's activity area, a mobile office, etc. The floor was lowered, leveled and finished in Brazilian cherry hardwood to provide a cozy environment for the family as well as for mom and dad.
Entertainment is in abundance inside and out. In addition to the many technological features found in the stock Sienna, the Swagger Wagon adds a 23-inch HP TouchSmart computer featuring multi-touch support in Windows 7, mounted on a custom bracket to allow for multiple viewing positions both inside and outside the vehicle; an Xbox 360 gaming system with DVD player; and a custom JBL audio system specifically designed and tuned by JBL sound engineers to provide a home theater atmosphere. The JBL system consists of the Toyota Original Equipment head unit through a JBL MS8 signal processor. It has 10 JBL GTO 428 speakers (eight in the main cabin and two more in the rear hatch), two JBL GTO 804 sub-woofers, and four amplifiers with 1700 watts of power.
In addition to the many aftermarket suppliers that contributed to the creation of the Sienna Swagger Wagon Supreme, Toyota also recruited Sienna fans via Facebook to help with the project. Since the start of the build, the Facebook community has been asked to provide input, allowing them to vote on various items for the project. For example, the name "Swagger Wagon Supreme" was chosen by the Facebook community as well as the wheel design for the vehicle, and is currently voting on a name for the custom Blue color. Toyota will continue to provide frequent Facebook updates about the Swagger Wagon Supreme throughout the SEMA Show.
After SEMA, the Sienna Swagger Wagon Supreme can also be seen at upcoming major auto shows including Los Angeles, Detroit and Chicago.
# # #
Sienna Swagger Wagon Supreme Features
- Base Vehicle: 2011MY Sienna SE & 2011MY Sienna XLE
- Performance: 3.5L V6 with 6-Speed Automatic Transmission
- Mechanical Modifications: Body extension of nearly 4 feet (44")
- Airbag suspension system: ground clearance range from 2.5 to 6.5-inches
- 20-inch chrome wheels designed by KMC
- Nitto 255/40R20 tires in the rear and 245/45R20 in the front
- Functioning power windows on stretched section of vehicle
- Custom fabricated rear spoiler
- Multiple-step exterior paint process
- Shaved door handles on automatic sliding doors
- Custom acrylic roof replacement (approximately eight-feet long)
- Custom chrome exhaust tips
Interior & Audio
- Custom seating with reversible cushions
- Two swiveling captain's chairs in passenger area
- "Spa Seat" equipped with a multi-function, programmable massage unit
- Foldable hide-away table in sitting area
- Custom cabinetry with a cherry veneer finish and DuPont countertop
- Glass-front refrigerator
- Lowered and leveled floor finished in Brazilian cherry hardwood
- 23"-inch HP TouchSmart computer mounted on a custom bracket allowing multiple viewing positions both inside and outside the vehicle
- Xbox gaming system with DVD player
- Custom JBL surround sound audio system
- Eight JBL GTO 428 speakers in the main cabin
- Two GTO 428 speakers in the rear hatch
- Two JBL GTO 804 sub-woofers
- Four amplifiers totaling1700 watts of power